The Governors appointed the Practice as Architects to prepare a Master Plan and detailed design proposals for the strategic expansion of this extremely popular school, located in a well sought after area of London.
Prior to the Practice's involvement all the accommodation was located in the original brick school built in 1881, (unlisted), and which contains the core elements essential for educational activity. A number of isolated buildings supported other requirements, such as the Nursery school, Dining facilities, music rooms etc., which have been added in an ad hoc fashion over the years as the popularity of the school grew and demand outstripped available accommodation.
The new build was unusual in that the classrooms were arranged over 4 floors, with the large span spaces over three floors. The gymnasium at ground floor, a new dining hall and kitchen at first floor and the assembly / theatre space (double height) space at second floor level.